World Radio Day is widely known each year on February 13. Radio has remained probably the most resilient and far-reaching medium of communication even within the time of innumerable on-line platforms and WhatsApp. The historical past of radio goes again over 110 years. World Radio Day celebrates radio as “a part of humanity’s historical past” in keeping with the United Nations. Radio has tailored itself over the many years and performed a key position in disseminating info to individuals in distant corners of the world in occasions of disaster together with the continuing Covid pandemic. The recognition of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ proves the significance of radio as a medium of communication.
Theme of World Radio Day 2021
The UNESCO has known as on radio stations to have fun the tenth anniversary of World Radio Day by means of three sub-themes: evolition, innovation and connection.
- Evolution: “The world modifications, radio evolves – radio is resilient and sustainable”
- Innovation: “The world modifications, radio adapts and innovates- radio adapts to new applied sciences and stays the go-to medium of mobility, accessible in every single place and to everybody”
- Connection: “The world modifications, radio connects – radio providers our society throughout pure disasters, socio-economic crises, epidemics, and so on.”
“New World, New Radio” is an “ode to the resilience of radio”, says the UN. World Radio Day was began in 2011 by the Member States of UNESCO and in 2012, the United Nations Common Meeting adopted it as an Worldwide Day.
5 the explanation why the radio is exclusive
- Radio is a low-cost medium
- Radio stays probably the most broadly consumed medium
- Radio can attain out to the widest viewers
- Radio stations affords a variety programmes, that are appropriate for native communities globally
- Radio performs a key position in emergency communication when pure disasters strike
Comfortable World Radio Day!