“The huge countrywide Covid-19 vaccination drive will probably be rolled out by Prime Minister from January 16. This could be the world’s largest immunisation train,” the well being ministry has stated.
PM Modi will even be interacting with some beneficiaries who will obtain the Covid-19 shot on Saturday, by way of videoconferencing.
All the pieces that you must find out about India’s Covid vaccination drive:
1) On 16 January, PM Narendra Modi will launch the rollout of India’s Covid-19 vaccination programme.
2) PM Modi will even launch the federal government’s CoWIN (Covid Vaccine Intelligence Community) app, a digital platform created for real-time monitoring of coronavirus vaccine supply and distribution, the identical day.
3) Almost 3 lakh healthcare staff will get Covid-19 vaccine doses on day one of many large nationwide Covid-19 inoculation drive. Round 100 beneficiaries will probably be vaccinated at every session website on the primary day.
4) Forward of the Covid-19 vaccination drive, Centre has shared a leaflet of DOs and DON’Ts, highlighting precautions and contraindications for vaccination together with a comparative factsheet for each the vaccines (Covishield and Covaxin).
5) What govt’s leaflet of dos and don’ts say:
- Covid-19 vaccination is allowed just for 18 years and above.
- Pregnant ladies or who are usually not positive of their being pregnant and lactating moms should not obtain the vaccine.
- Administration of Covid vaccine needs to be performed separated by an interval of 14 days.
- The second dose needs to be of the identical vaccine of which the primary dose was administered.
- Interchanging Covid-19 vaccines isn’t allowed.
6) As per the rules issued to the shortlisted Covid-19 vaccination websites, healthcare staff (these registered in Co-WIN to be vaccinated) shall embody not solely medical doctors, nurses but additionally nursing orderlies, safai karamcharis, ambulance drivers, and could be from a blended age group, together with above 50 years.
7) A devoted 24×7 hotline – 1075 – has additionally been set as much as tackle questions associated to the vaccine rollout and the Co-WIN software program.
8) The well being ministry has stated that it has requested the states and UTs to extend the variety of vaccination session websites to five,000 and extra.
9) The price of vaccination of healthcare and frontline staff will probably be borne by the Centre. Vaccines have been allotted to states and UTs based mostly on their healthcare staff’ information.
10) The total preliminary procurement of 1.65 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccines – Covishield and Covaxin– have been flown to all states and UTs for the primary section of vaccination.