How to contribute to e-pao.net
Dear contributors, we welcome you to the e-pao.net family with our heart. We are more than happy to have your articles, photos and videos published on e-pao.net, a global e-platform for the Manipuris. Also, being a premier and pioneering website from Manipur, we also welcome our own brethren to write and contribute to e-pao.net.
Here are the directions which are to be followed while you contribute for e-pao.net :
- Please submit your article, clearly written in a simple text file or a MS-word document and zip (or tar) it and send to
as an attachment.
- The article should have a minimum of 1000 words and has to be written in a clear legible language.
- If there be any photos to be associated with the articles, please send the photos separately in its original file format.
- Please submit your poem, clearly written in a simple text file or a MS-word document and zip (or tar) it and send to
as an attachment.
- There is no minimum (or maximum) word limit, and you can send multiple poems with clear segregration between the poems
- You can also contribute poems written in Meiteilon (or any other language that is spoken in Manipur). The Meiteilon poem could be written in English alphabets or it could be written using E-pao Meitei Mayek Font available here
- Please add each pictures as an attachment send it from your email to
- Easy steps to be followed while sending photos to e-pao.net :
- Web photos should NOT be more than 150 KB in size (it can be more, but then please restrict on how many you can send per email attachment – limit it to 6 per email).
- Please use optimizing the pictures ( that is reducing the file size without losing the resolution of the picture, usually a picture with a width of 700 pixel is sufficient) before sending it to e-pao.net . Some of the websites you can use are:
http://www.ezresize.com/ or any such photo optimizer websites
- Please try to give a brief description of every photos and also the EVENTS – this is very useful to convey a meaningful caption to the user of e-pao.net as well as about the senders.
- Winzip (or tar it up in Unix) all the photos and send to as an attachment.
- Or the other alternative is to upload all your pictures in a free professional photo hosting site like
or http://photobucket.com/ or any such photo-sharing websites
- Another option would be to zip the files as it is (without optimizing along with a text file detailing out the description of the photos) and upload it to a “file sharing” website like
http://www.yousendit.com/ or any such file sharing websites
and then publish these photo to our feedback email address ( ) .
- Please upload video formats which is playable from a desktop. We would request you to use one of the lower file size consuming formats like .wmv – but as long as the file size is reasonable not large (less than 50 MB); you should not compromise on the quality.
Please try to use the best quality video.
- If the video is longer than 10 minutes, please try to cut it into different parts. We restricted the length at most to around 10 minutes.
- You are advised to send the video through a big size file sharing site like
http://www.yousendit.com/ or any such file sharing websites .
- After uploading the file in the sharing website mention above, please send us instruction to download it to . The website will tell instructions on how to download from a different user.
- You can also upload it in YouTube , vimeo or any popular video based website and send us the link.
- Please give a brief description of what the event (that the video) covers as well about the senders.
- Please send us announcement of any event (related to Manipur(i)) or Education based which will be useful to the people of Manipur and submit it in a clearly written simple text file or a MS-word document and zip it and send to as an attachment.
- Please send us any Job-posting which will be useful to the people of Manipur and submit that in a clearly written in a simple text file or a MS-word document and zip it and send to as an attachment.
- If there are any web-links (news/article/ or anything) that relates to Manipur, please send us the link (URL) to .
- If there be any photos to be associated with the articles, please send the photos separately in its original file format
- You can also write directly from the “eMail Us” available at the top menu bar
Last but not the least, we would like to give you a short introduction of who you are, credentials and email address for the reader to understand more about you.
Of course, the last paragraph is at the discretion of yours, if you do not wish your identity to be known to the public you can skip it however, we advise you to.
Finally, please be aware that e-pao.net has the sole authority to decide whether or not to webcast the contributed item. E-pao.net is a not-for-profit website and we do not have any monetary arrangement for anything published in this website.
With a smile